Sunday, February 28, 2010

Summit Indoor Round II - Quads


Quad races heat up Summit Indoor Series

TPR again sponsored the Summit Indoor motocross series for round two in February. I spent most of the day Saturday trying to capture the quad racing action, but shooting fast action inside a dark building proved quite challenging for my little D300.

The racing was intense all weekend, as more than 200 racers showed up on Saturday alone. Each night averaged 40 motos, with more than 50 heats and conciliatory races taking place Saturday before the mains.

Quite a few KTM's were out in dominating fashion Saturday, but one fact surprised me. The TPR project YFZ450R was the only YFZR that showed up at Summit this year, and because I'm rehabbing a back injury it didn't make it on the track.

Scroll down the page for the rest of the pics. Look for a video from Saturday night's action this week.

































Don't forget to check back for the video! I took more than 300 photos Saturday, so if you're not on here leave a comment with your quad make and model, number and color and I can dig through my archives to see if I shot you.

No comments:

Post a Comment